• Get free graphics at BlingyBlob.com!

    It is most deifinitely time to start this blog back up again. Please join me in my latest attempt to be more splendid and happy and less fat and grumpy.

    Monday, May 22, 2006

    If I were the diet fairy.

    So, back on track ( not that I ever really got off. you need to know that, no chocolate, no chips and no ANYTHING really sinful and therefore delicious) my mind is back on the straight and narrow and today I had Slimfast for breakfast AND lunch, not because I am a paragon of dieting but because my head hurt ( still hurts) and the choice between fannying around making lunch or going to bed for a nice nap actually wasn't a choice, Slimfast have some gorgeous smoothies, so a shake for breakfast and raspberry smoothie for lunch, yum.
    Dinner was lamb, roasted, sliced and then added to a simply divine sauce made with nothing more than tinned tomatoes, onions, black pepper and some beans. Cooked all afternoon til it fell apart and served with rice. Very good. Oh and anyone know why suddenly I can't do colours? Where'd my colour thingy go???
    Oh and today, even though it was a bit drizzly and grey and where the hell is the sun? And even though my car is fixed, I STILL walked the mile to school and back, if I were the diet fairy I would definately make it law that anyone walking when they don't have to burns twice the calories. Seems only fair.

    5 Comments:

    At 7:56 PM, Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

    Oh yes indeed.. twice the amount at the very LEAST!

     
    At 2:01 AM, Blogger JEFFY said...

    I gave this recipe to the cook, the lamb, roasted with tomatoes, onion and pepper. Then I changed my mind. Helen, I dont think I can eat no little ole lamb. I notice British people eat lot of lamb. I just afraid I might have nightmares where the lamb is going "Baaaa-Baaaaa!" You know lookin like them pictures of lambs had made with the Lord. I can eat a little ole cow tho. i got lots of religious hangups. hahha!

     
    At 2:04 AM, Blogger JEFFY said...

    But it sure sounded good, and I love rice! I love rice with anything. I love rice cold, just go to the frigerator and reach in and get a ball of it. If that dont make me the most Cajun person ever was, then "God dint make little green apples, and it dont rain in Indianapolis in the summer time...."

     
    At 6:12 AM, Blogger Julie Q said...

    Oooooh! I like the twice burning calorie idea Helen! If only! :)

     
    At 4:31 PM, Blogger The other me said...

    I probably wouldn't notice if I went mad f rom eating beef, no we eat it all, we're more likely to drop dead from a heart attack !!from eating ice cream or chips than get mad cow disease

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home