• Get free graphics at BlingyBlob.com!

    It is most deifinitely time to start this blog back up again. Please join me in my latest attempt to be more splendid and happy and less fat and grumpy.

    Tuesday, May 09, 2006

    Home again, home again, jiggety jig.

    And somehow I managed not to completely pig out. Why,I wonder, when we set off on a road trip do we feel that theonly way to do it is by filling the car with food. Not good food, just 'stuff' the fattier, greasier, chocolatier the better, chips and chocolate and pop and sweets and more chips and........but I didn't, I was a martyr, suffering in almost silence. I did find ( in the health shop, how dull) some ginger bears, quite nice, not face stuffable but OK.
    Also, being away seems to necessitate eating take aways, pizza, fish and chips, curry, chinese. But we didn't. I didn't . They, traitors, had pizza the first night, faced with a sad and shrivelled baked potato and beans, I went shopping the very next morning and stocked the cupboards with good food. I was a bit grumpy about not eating the yummy stuff that holidays are made of but quietly a tad proud too. I felt Iwas away for a very long time andwanted to get back and see that I had lost a ton of weight. Not getting weighed until next week, so I shan't know, but I suspect it is just a regular and expected amount of weight rather than a marvellous and miraculous one.

    Today then, we are back on track and I shall be recording again.

    Slimfast for breakfast.
    Weight watchers chicken and noodle soup and a marmite and cucumber sandwich for lunch.
    dinner was a beautiful rump steak, green beans and a beetroot and rice salad with balsamic and honey dressing, delicious.

    2 Comments:

    At 9:39 PM, Blogger Julie Q said...

    We tend to stock up on the junk food when we travel as well. I think we do it, to keep the others quiet.

    Welcome home Helen! :) It is great to have you back. :)

     
    At 5:12 PM, Blogger JEFFY said...

    It felt like you were gone a very long time to me too. I also like green beans, and sometimes I put a roast in my slow cooker and it cooks in my suite and I dont even go out to dine with the tohers. I missed you. I read your other blog and cherished the ceremony with your Papa. Kiss.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home