• Get free graphics at BlingyBlob.com!

    It is most deifinitely time to start this blog back up again. Please join me in my latest attempt to be more splendid and happy and less fat and grumpy.

    Tuesday, May 02, 2006

    WHOOHOOOOOOO

    Oh this is SUCH a great day!!
    Back in february I was chosen to take part in a survey at the Doctors office, it was a weight loss survey and I was very excited thinking that I would get a pile of help to lose weight. I went in and was weighed and measured, bloods taken and then the phonce call was made to the survey people. Damn and blast if I wasn't put into the 'no intervention' group. No help...just go on my way and do it alone. I was miserable and forgot about it until I got the phone call last week to go in and be reweighed and measured etc. I went in today and guess what....in February, just 3 months ago I was a massive 119kg that's 259lbs...today I was 105.....231lbs thats a total of 28.6lbs....so I am changing my ticker because it makes me feel even better than before and I'll grab any of that going!!







    as if that isn't good enough, both my sugar levels and cholesterol have come down as well.

    Marvellous.
    I have been noticing something else too. There are diferent ways of walking, I have long been a stroller and if going for a walk have put one foot in front of another and gone from A to Z as painlessly and thoughtlessly as possible. I have noticed that how and what you think, as you walk, makes a difference to how it works...if I think about walking I can feel the muscles working, if I force myself to walk and work at it I can feel it doing me good, rather than a pensive and somewhat reluctant grumble from one place to another I think about getting this fat off and making myself stronger. I swear it uses different muscles if you think about it!!

    I collected my prescription today for Orlistat.....I am a bit nervous about it but am very keen to make sure I don't fall by the wayside, with our mini break coming up and the weather getting nicer, I can't afford to slip into the 'just have a bag of chips this once,' mentality. Too much is riding on my feeling better and getting well. I'll keep you posted!

    Breakfast ...slimfast.
    Lunch....tinned tomatoes, turkey rashers, mushrooms and toast ( no butter)
    Dinner ( haven't eaten yet but this is the plan)
    Chicken curry, homemade of course, forget the jars of sauce, it'll be chicken breasts, chooped and lightly browned in a spray of olive oil, onions, carrots, garlic, added and softened, turmeric, garamasala and some Maadras curry powder. White boiled rice and some Mango chutney, the rest of the family will have popudums and nan bread, I, however, shall resist such delicious temptations and feel superior. Thankyou.

    4 Comments:

    At 1:40 PM, Blogger Julie Q said...

    Helen! Wow! :) You are doing so well. And it sounds like you are eating healthy and tasty too. :)

     
    At 6:39 PM, Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

    28lbs!!!!!!!!!! My goodness woman that's like losing a Chloe + (she's 24lbs). WTG WTG WTG! Your whole body must be thanking you!!!

     
    At 2:47 AM, Blogger JEFFY said...

    Congratulations! The Goddess emerges! Again! i wish I like chicken and chicken products. I really do because it's so healthy and good for you. I only like seafood and steak. Your mental state is getting so positive and you're evolving from your cacoon like a beautiful butterfly. No pun intended on the "butter"...I also had to learn to walk again. I tossed two wheelchairs over the balcony when it was necessary for me to be in them due to a twice broken leg. I can walk now. I'll have to remember what you say about thinking and muscles and attitude. You're a beautiful ray of sunshine in my life. Kiss!

     
    At 4:37 PM, Blogger -Lo said...

    Damn woman!!!! You're hot! I wanna new picture of you soon!!!! Did you take a before one?

    XOXOXO

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home