• Get free graphics at BlingyBlob.com!

    It is most deifinitely time to start this blog back up again. Please join me in my latest attempt to be more splendid and happy and less fat and grumpy.

    Wednesday, April 26, 2006

    sunshine for the soul.

    The sun makes the world of difference to me, today was a beautiful day which saw me walking into town, not once but twice. Buying fresh ingredients and enjoying the market stalls and uplifted spirits of English people soaking up some rays!
    Slimfast ( of course) for breakfast.
    Pitta and ham for lunch.
    Dinner was adventurous and not as successful as I has imagined but early days for new efforts so I know the tastes will improve. I bought some quorn mince, vegetarian food pretending to be meat. Actually it pretends very well without any fat and high in protein. I made a shepherds pie with it, browned it with an onion and black pepper, chopped some carrots in there and added some water and onion salt, 2 stock cubes and covered it in mashed sweet potato. I wish I had put more seasoning in it or used some canned tomatoes. Also I imagine if I had used half sweet and half regular potato it would have been nicer. H loved it as it was ( and as a huge meat eater that must say something) I sort of enjoyed it but knew it could have been so much nicer!

    Hungry day today after being so ill and did indulge in a fry's turkish delight. These are the treat from heaven, low fat but so delicious and so heavenly there can never be guilt attached!

    1 Comments:

    At 5:41 AM, Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

    I tasted Turkish Delight for the first time at Easter though mine was not covered in chocolate and contained pistaschios (making it rather high in fat I presume). I confess, I haven't been tempted to try it again and it'll likely rot in my cupboard. It wasn't bad, just wasn't something I'd yearn for. Perhaps the chocolate coating makes all the difference?

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home