• Get free graphics at BlingyBlob.com!

    It is most deifinitely time to start this blog back up again. Please join me in my latest attempt to be more splendid and happy and less fat and grumpy.

    Saturday, May 27, 2006

    H is in the kitchen!

    Slimfast
    Delicious soup, chicken and tomato, sainsburys own diet recipe, and a ham sandwich for lunch.
    H is cooking CHICKEN ADOBOE FROM THE PHILIPPINES

    1 c. vinegar
    1 head garlic
    1/2 tsp. black pepper
    1 bay leaf
    4 tbsp. soy sauce
    1 chicken, cut up
    1 1/2 to 2 c. water
    Cooking oil for frying

    In a saucepan, combine vinegar, garlic, pepper, bay leaf and soy sauce. Put chicken in sauce. Soak for 3 hours or more. Add water and simmer uncovered until tender. Strain sauce. Set aside. Brown garlic and chicken in cooking oil. You may thicken sauce to spoon over chicken. Serve with rice.

    for dinner, I love this dish!

    2 Comments:

    At 7:03 AM, Blogger LosingSanity said...

    I really want to come over for dinner! LOL. All these meals sound so fancy and yummy! I love the idea of cooking, but for one, i absolutely hate the clean up! I also have to be in the mood. And let's face it...most of the time, im just not in the mood..the kitchen is a mess, kids running amuck....dinner=fast and easy! But, i am really thinking I need to try some of these recipes. Thanks for posting them, so the rest of us can try them out! Keep em coming!

    You're doing good! I wish I could say the same. I am addicted to food and i eat for comfort, to cure boredom and just bc i like it. UGH! I need to reprogram myself! I am so proud of you for doing something so hard! I admire you and find encouragement reading your blogs!

     
    At 3:35 PM, Blogger JEFFY said...

    Thanks for the recipe, Helen. I copied it and will try it. I love soup. It really sounds good. You're doing great and I know what a sacrifice you've made. Last year when I was in the hospital I lost a terrible lot of weight but I've gained it back now. I kinda gotta watch what I eat now. However, I been working out everyday for the last several weeks. Thanks again for the recipe. I wish you sunshine and mild days. Kiss, King

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home