• Get free graphics at BlingyBlob.com!

    It is most deifinitely time to start this blog back up again. Please join me in my latest attempt to be more splendid and happy and less fat and grumpy.

    Friday, May 26, 2006

    Get out QUICK!

    Today felt like it was going to be one of those hard to stick to the diet days...kids all miserable and snotty and whining, yet more rain, I wondered how I was going to get through the day without eating junk and more more junk, just to break the monotony of it all. I went out. It worked, like a charm, I just went grocery shopping and as I walked realised how comfortable my clothes are feeling and looked at all the great food I could eat, I stocked up on the fixings for a beauty of a fruit salad, bought some chicken and lean pork steaks, crisis avoided for today!
    Slimfast ( I love it that these are so satisfying for me at breakfast time)
    Lunch was a sandwich with vegemite and watercress, has to be great bread though, wholemeal with some extra grain is great.
    Dinner...mmmmmm I am slow roasting a beef joint, it's staying in all day, being cooked in some water so I make a gravy later. We'll have that with some mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables. Fruit salad with yoghurt and honey for dessert.

    2 Comments:

    At 11:21 PM, Blogger JEFFY said...

    I gotta taste me some vegemite. I love that song that talk about the "land down under" and the "vegemite sandwich" I wonder what it taste like. Some say beef stock. I'm glad you getting some rest and relaxation! Have a great weekend and enjoy! Your writing is wonderful, how is the creative writing course coming? Kiss King

     
    At 3:29 AM, Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

    I'm drooling over your supper (I confess I had a bowl of Maple Walnut Oatmeal Crisp for supper). Gotta confess that I'd have to pass on the vegemite tho.. :)

    Hugs

    Julie

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home